He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”
As we start 2015, I want us to start it with that verse in mind, letting that verse guide all we do. In this way, we will join in the larger mission of our entire Annual Conference: “Spiritual Leaders empowering life-giving congregations to transform the world.”
At Winfield First United Methodist Church, we will show our love of God and neighbor with . . .
“all our heart, and with all our soul . . .”
- All Committees will focus on the “how” and “why” of leadership – in order to be intentional about our purpose and truly become Spiritual Leaders. (Ephesians 4:12-16)
- The Pastor will begin a short-term small group, focusing on Covenant Discipleship, targeting those not currently involved in a Sunday School Class.
“with all our strength . . .”
- We will engage, as fully as possible, in the building of a Habitat for Humanity home for Jake and Misty Brown.
- Support the Summer Camping Ministry at Camp Sumatanga by sending as many children or youth that want to go.
“with all our mind . . .”
- Initiate a church-wide Lenten and Advent study that will encompass all age groups.
- The Pastor will use this blog to expand communication opportunities and have another vehicle for depth and learning.
Want to know more (with footnotes, even!) ask me and I’ll tell you all about it!